• Appropriations lists proposed legislation that provides funding for our agency and programs.
• Biomedical Research Policy features proposed legislation affecting biomedical research policy, such as reauthorization of the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program and other measures affecting how biomedical research is performed.
• Cancer Specific Bills features proposed legislation specific to particular diseases, as well as other topics such as childhood cancer and cancer survivorship.
• Federal Health Policy features selected proposed legislation affecting cancer-related Federal health care issues. In this section, you will also find proposed legislative initiatives for related Federal agencies, such as the US Food and Drug Administration, and the Environmental Protection Agency.
• Public Laws lists bills which were signed into law by the President.
• Resolutions provide formal expressions of opinion or proposals for action on disease specific topics, such as raising awareness and promoting outreach efforts for various cancers. Resolutions are legislative measures that do not require approval by the President and do not hold the weight of law.
You can also search the legislative topics by bill number or key word. In addition, the most recent legislative report ( 180 kb) includes information on briefings and hearings, as well as important NCI-relevant legislation. Information on important legislation from the 112th Congress can be found here.
For information on state-specific legislation, please see the Legislative Resources page.
(Page Updated 1/21/2015).
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services | National Institutes of Health | National Cancer Institute | USA.gov
NIH…Turning Discovery Into Health®